Buying a pre-owned Infusion Pump from a respected dealer is a great way to keep costs down without sacrificing the quality of patient care. At Absolute Medical Equipment, we sell a wide variety of refurbished, calibrated infusion pumps in every price range.
Types of Infusion Pumps
Infusion pumps are designed to accommodate either a large or small volume of fluid, and can be used to pump pre-measured syringes of medication or larger amounts of fluid through plastic pressurized containers. Some infusion pumps are portable, but most hospitals use the sturdier stationary units.
The latest infusion pumps are capable of delivering many different types of fluid, including blood, using a wide range of programmable infusion rates. These features allow total control over dosage, which can be monitored remotely using a computer interface.
- Large volume models usually require the use of a computer activated compression pump system, which pushes fluids through a silicone rubber tube. This type of infusion pump is typically used to pump nutrient solutions, but can also be used for blood infusions.
- Smaller volume infusion pumps are often used to administer pain medications, insulin, hormones or other medications. This type of pump uses a motorized system that can be monitored by a computer, allowing for complete control over the speed at which the syringe releases fluid.
Both single and dual channel volumetric infusion pumps can be preset within the dosage limits for any drug, and are equipped with an alarm that warns medical staff when their requested dosage is above the limits set by the drug label. Programmable infusion pumps adjust the flow rate automatically once the duration and volume metrics are entered.
Using affordable, refurbished infusion pumps to deliver fluids and medications can result in a considerable savings for hospitals and other healthcare institutions, which might otherwise be unable to purchase new medical equipment.
- 100% Secure Ordering
- Verisign Secure Server
- We Value Your Privacy
- No Hassle Return Policy
- Great Customer Service
- Honesty, integrity, persistent with service...wholehearted recommendation petehillnp– Los Angeles, CA
- Excellent product & service. Will definitely do business with Absolute Medical again, countmonk– Chicago, IL
- Honesty, integrity, persistent with service...wholehearted recommendation petehillnp– Miami, FL
- Excellent product & service. Will definitely do business with Absolute Medical again, countmonk– Houston, TX