Abaxis Piccolo® Xpress - Recertified
The Piccolo Xpress is a compact, portable clinical chemistry system designed for on-site patient testing. Roughly the size of a shoebox, health care providers use the easy to follow color touch screen commands to perform routine multi-chemistry panels. 0.1cc of whole blood, serum or plasma is added directly to the patented 8-cm diameter single use plastic disc containing the liquid diluent and dry reagents. The disc is placed in the analyzer drawer where centrifugal and capillary forces are used to mix the reagents and sample in the disc.
The Piccolo Xpress monitors the reagent reactions simultaneously using nine wavelengths, calculates the results from the absorbance data and reports the results. The Piccolo Xpress self-calibrates with each run and the on-board continuous intelligent Quality Control (iQCT) monitors the analyzer, reagent reactions and sample to ensure chemistry and instrument integrity.
This assures you the highest quality and accuracy in results. Results are ready in approximately 12 minutes with a “hard copy” report suitable for the patient file or transferred to a computer, printer or an LIS/EMR. This enables you to rapidly obtain critical diagnostic information at point of care. The easy-to-use, low maintenance system requires no special training to operate.
- Recertified Chemistry Analyzer
- 1-year limited parts and labor warranty
- Optional service contract available
On the spot lab results -The Piccolo Xpress delivers routine multi-chemistry and electrolyte test results quickly and easily in virtually any treatment setting.
- A fully automated system with walk away operation
- Uses a small sample size (0.1cc of whole blood, serum or plasma)
- No sample pre-treatment is needed
- Results are available in approximately 12 minutes.
- The built in intelligent Quality Control meets CLIA and NCCLS requirements for daily control testing
- The Piccolo Xpress delivers up to 24 individual tests including CLIA-waived lipids, liver enzymes and glucose monitoring
- Results are provided in a “hard copy” self-adhesive report or can be quickly transferred to a printer, computer or data management system, enabling physicians to rapidly obtain critical diagnostic information at the point-of-care
Small on Space. Big on Accuracy.
Compact and portable, the Piccolo Xpress is easy to incorporate into your clinical setting, yet provides the precision and accuracy comparable to larger, more expensive laboratory analyzers.
- Small footprint measures 32.4 cm (12.75 in.) x 15.2 cm (6 in.)
x 20.3 cm (8 in.)
- Portable and lightweight with carrying handle only weighs
- The advanced technology uses centrifugal and capillary forces to mix diluent, reagents and sample in a self-contained, disposable disc lessening opportunities for procedural errors
- On-board intelligent Quality Control system performs continuous
QC checks during the complete analytical process to ensure
- Bar coded self-contained reagent discs are self-calibrating and monitors panel information
- Multi- analyte panel results include alpha-numeric patient information, analyte concentrations, reference ranges, sample integrity indices and QC performance
- Operator security capabilities limit non-user entry
- Peer reviewed studies support performance
- Bidirectional communication USB ports transmit data to
- Stores up to 5000 patient and control results on-board
The Piccolo Xpress procedure is quick and easy to perform.
- No special operating skills are needed to run the Piccolo Xpress
- Easy to use color touch screen guides the operator through
- Flexible alpha-numeric data entry options and analyzer settings
- Self-contained, disposable reagent discs are easy to handle
- Every reagent disc automatically self-calibrates
- Integrated intelligent Quality Control (iQC) checks performance
- Requires very little maintenance
- Abaxis provides on-going service and support
- Operates from line or 15-volt battery power
- Direct compatibility supported with USB peripherals including bar code readers, keyboards, personal computers and printers.
- CD Software makes testing upgrades easy