- Reconditioned & Certified with 90 Day Warranty
- Dimensions: Approximately 7 x 9 x 9 inches (18 x 23 x 23cm), excluding pole clamp protrusion and power cord storage.
- Weight: Approximately 13lb (6.0Kg), with battery.
- Casing: High-impact plastic.
- Power requirements: 110-120 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 30 W
- Power Cord: Hospital-grade AC cord. 8ft long, with transparent plug and retainer plate.
- Fuses: 0.5 A, 250 V, Slow Blowing.
- Battery: One sealed, lead-acid rechargeable 8 V battery, internal to device. Accessible for ease of field replacement, with color-coded leads and polarized connector. Battery life (new batteries, full charge, at 20 C) approximately 500 mL total volume delivered or six hours of operation, whichever occurs first.
DELIVERY RATE RANGE:
Micro Mode: 0.1 to 99.0 mL/hr (in 0.1 mL increments). The total of the primary rate plus the secondary rate cannot exceed 99.9 mL/hr in Micro Mode. Note: while using the concurrent delivery feature in the Micro Mode, neither the primary rate nor the secondary rate can be less than 0.5 mL/hr.
Macro Mode: 1 to 999 mL/hr (in 1 mL increments. The total of the primary rate plus the secondary rate cannot exceed 700 mL) in 1 mL/hr in Macro Mode.
DOSE LIMIT RANGE:
Micro Mode: 0.1 to 999 mL (in 0.1 mL increments).
Macro Mode: 1 to 9999 mL (in 1 mL increments).
Operating Back Pressure: 02 to 10 psig. The maximum pressure is user-selectable from 1 to 10 psig, via the front panel touchswitches.
Secondary Doses: For dual-channel delivery, a single dose of a secondary fluid may be administered. For multidose delivery, 1 to 24 doses of a secondary fluid may be administered at intervals from 15 minutes to 24 hours.
Distal: The distal occlusion alarm sounds within two pumping cycles after the distal set tubing or set outlet fitting becomes occluded.
Proximal: The proximal occlusion alarm sounds within five pumping cycles if the tubing proximal to the cassette becomes occluded.
Air-in-Alarm: The stopped air in distal line alarm will sound if a bubble 100 uL or larger passes the distal air-in-line sensors. Alarm may actually sound at detection of a bubble as small as 50 uL)
Proximal: The stopped air in proximal line alarm will sound if approximately 1200 uL or more passes trough the proximal air-in-line sensors.
The Lifecare 5000 Plum Infusion System is a multilane, general purpose, volumetric infusion system designed to meet the need for hospital-wide device standardization. By means of internal switch-settings, a qualified bio-technician can configure the LifeCare 5000 System to best suit the clinical needs and census changes of the hospital. The Unit is designed for accurate, non-pulsatile administration of single fluid regimens, dual-channel regimens, piggybacks, and multidose regimens over a wide range of delivery rates and fluid viscosities. It can administer a variety of medical fluids, from 5% Dextrose Injection, USP, to enteral feeding products and blood. Primary and secondary doses of compatible drugs can be delivered concurrently.