Upon completion of this chapter you will be able to:
- Identify the monitorsís major hardware components and connectors
- Describe the functions of alarm lamps and front panel LEDs
- Connect patient cables
- Start monitoring The MP5 monitor provides a comprehensive set of basic physiological measurements:
- ECG (not available on MP5 options without ECG)
- and optionally invasive blood pressure, temperature, predictive temperature, and CO2
It can be used with adult, pediatric and neonatal patients in a hospital and transport environment. It has an 8.4-inch TFT LCD flat panel SVGA display. You operate the monitor with the touchscreen. A built-in recorder is optionally available.
The MP5T monitor is intended for use together with a telemetry device. It has no ECG measurement of its own, and no respiration, but does have:
- and optionally SpO2, and predictive temperature.
When a telemetry device is directly connected to the MP5T, the measured data from the telemetry device - ECG and, if available, SpO2T- will appear on the MP5T screen. No Respiration measurement will be derived.