The BactiZapper™ has an asbestos-free core element that uses infrared heating to produce 815°C (1500°F). It completely sterilizes in 5-7 seconds. The BactiZapper uses well-proven technology to provide instant sterilization of platinum inoculating loops, needles, glass tube/pipette mouths and various metal & borosilicate glass instruments. It also has a lower temperature setting (500°C) that can be used as a "standby" and extends usable life.
The ceramic heating element is safely enclosed in a perforated stainless steel guard chamber, protecting users from accidental contact with the extreme temperatures of the core area. It is extremely compact, convenient and can be used in anaerobic and aerobic chambers.
- Complete sterilization in 5-7 seconds
- Safe, convenient and no spatter
- Ideal for platinum loops, needles and tube mouths
- High Temp. Setting: 815°C / 1500°F
- Low Temp. Setting: 500°C / 950°F
- Sterilization Time: 5-7 seconds
- Chamber Diameter: 0.55 in. / 14 mm
- Chamber Length: 6.2 in. / 157 mm
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 4 x 6 x 6.5in. / 10.2 x 15.2 x 16.5cm
- Weight: 3 lbs (1.3kg)
- Electrical: 120 or 230V, 50-60Hz 50W